The Committee’s composition is as follows:
- René de Vries, chairman; Harbour Master Port of Rotterdam
- Bas Janssen; Deltalinqs – representing port enterprises
- Robert Bravenboer; VRC – representing shipowners
- Hylke Hylkema; Representing seafarers, unions
- Helene Perfors; Ship visits, mental well-being crews, missions
- Piet Hoogerwaard; General, facilities ashore, voluntary organisations
In addition, the Board can involve one or more advisors in the allocation of projects. These advisors can come from the Rotterdam seafarer’s welfare network, from the seafarers or their representatives themselves, from Dutch ship owners or ship management companies or, for example, from the Municipality of Rotterdam.
The advisory roles are important. Indeed, ultimately it concerns representatives from the field with very specific knowledge. Advice may be acquired for the selection of projects, as well as making any adjustments, for example.