What do we want to achieve?
Our overarching ideal is clear: as the port of Rotterdam we want to offer seafarers a hospitable welcome. This involves the following objectives:
- To distribute the available financial resources in an honest, efficient and effective way for the benefit of the welfare of seafarers.
- To promote the welfare of seafarers in Rotterdam in a real sense.
- To promote collaboration among seafarers’ missions/volunteer organisations in Rotterdam.
The Committee wants to achieve these objectives by:
- Providing financial support for initiatives that benefit the welfare of seafarers.
- Providing a single source of integrated support to welfare initiatives in the port of Rotterdam.
- Providing an organisation where applications can be submitted for financial support for the welfare of seafarers.
- Checking with organisations and seafarers to find out what the local priorities/needs are.
- Ensuring that by distributing the funds across several years, the broadest possible portfolio of projects and applicants will be remunerated.
- Stimulating the development of new or other welfare initiatives through means of this approach.